WITH A NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT
Applying online is quick and easy.
Bank Deposit Disclosures for Consumers
Bank Disclosures and Information for Consumers
For additional details about our deposit products, please refer to the Deposit Account Agreement, a current rate sheet and our Consumer Deposit Account Fee schedule, which are available at all of our Associated Bank branch locations. Please see the Consumer Deposit Account Fee schedule for other fees that may apply to your Associated Bank deposit account, including overdraft/non-sufficient funds related charges, stop payment and other charges. All product offerings may not be available in every Associated Bank location and rates may vary by region. Check with your banker for current product offerings at your local Associated Bank branch.
The following disclosures supplement the Deposit Account Agreement and apply to Associated Bank Checking products:
1. Please refer to the Preferred (with Checking) APY on the current Deposit Account Rate sheet or ask a banker for more information. Rates require related accounts to be held under identical customer ID numbers. In order to qualify for Preferred APYs, a checking relationship with Associated Bank is required.
Interest Rates and Annual Percentage Yields (APYs)
APYs are published on the Associated Bank rate sheet, available at your Associated Bank office. Specific interest rate information on your account will be provided prior to opening an interest-bearing account. Interest rates and APYs on interest-bearing checking are variable, may vary by market and may change at our discretion. Interest is calculated using the daily balance method. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the collected principal balance in the account each day. Interest is compounded and credited based on a 365/366-day year. Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Fees applied to your account may affect your earnings. For current rates, contact us or your local banking office.
2. Interest on checking account is paid on the daily collected balance.
If your savings and/or money market account(s) are added to a combined statement, the service charge period will be changed to match the primary account for that combined statement. Interest (if applicable) will post at the frequency originally disclosed, based on the cycle date of the lead account. If you combine two or more checking accounts on the same statement, check safekeeping is required on all but the primary statement account. To simplify your life, request a combined statement by calling 800-682-4989, 24/7/365, or use our secure message form.
3. Ask your banker to link your accounts. Closing your checking account means applicable minimum balance requirements and maintenance fees will apply on the linked accounts.
4. To ensure all balances are included in the average daily balance calculation, request combined statements. Combined balances for qualification for maintenance fee waivers are determined by:
- Calculating the sum of the average daily balance of all deposit accounts (checking, savings, money market, CD/IRAs) with the same statement cycle. Deposit accounts with different statement cycles may not be fully considered in determining qualifications for fee waivers.
- The presence of an HSA account or the presence of an investment account(s) including annuities, mutual funds and brokerage accounts for customers of Associated Investment Services (AIS)
Investment, Securities, and Insurance Products:
|NOT FDIC-INSURED||NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK||MAY LOSE VALUE|
|NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY||NOT A DEPOSIT|
Associated Bank is a marketing name Associated Banc-Corp (AB-C) uses for products and services offered by its affiliates. Securities and investment advisory services are offered by Associated Investment Services, Inc. (AIS), member FINRA/SIPC; insurance products are offered by licensed agents of Associated Financial Group, LLC (d/b/a Associated BRC Insurance Solutions in California, a.k.a. Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting) (ABRC); deposit and loan products and services are offered through Associated Bank, N.A. (ABNA); investment management services and trust services are offered through Associated Trust Company, N.A. (ATC); and Kellogg Asset Management, LLC® (KAM) provides investment management services to AB-C affiliates. AIS and KAM are investment advisers registered with the SEC.
AIS, ABRC, ABNA, ATC, and KAM are all affiliates and direct or indirect, wholly-owned subsidiaries of AB-C.
AB-C and its affiliates do not provide legal advice. Please consult with your tax and legal advisors regarding your individual situation.
The financial consultants at Associated Financial Group are registered representatives with, and securities and advisory services are offered through, LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and member FINRA/SIPC. LPL is not affiliated with AB-C or any of AB-C’s subsidiaries.
Exclusions may apply, please ask a banker for details.