Safeguard Against Check Fraud
With today's sophisticated computer, scanning and printing equipment, it's all too easy to create counterfeit checks. Help reduce the risk of loss from check fraud with Positive Pay, available through Associated Connect® .
Positive Pay is a web-enabled check verification service that enables you to review exception items before they are paid and return checks that appear to be fraudulent. Benefits of Positive Pay include:
- Detect check fraud and monitor internal controls
- Reduce disbursement risk with timely returns
- Control whether exception checks should be paid or returned
- Review an outstanding check list at each month's end
- Cut administration time and processing costs
How Positive Pay Supports Check Fraud Prevention
- Each day you upload a list of checks to be issued to Associated Bank
- As items are presented to your account, we match them against your issuance file
- Checks on your list are paid; checks not on your list, or for which there is a discrepancy in check number or dollar amount, are marked as exceptions
- You review exception items online and make a "pay" or "no pay" decision
To learn more, contact our 24/7/365 Customer Care Center at 800-270-2707.