Wisconsin's #1 Mortgage Lender*
Thanks to our customers, it’s a title we’ve owned for eight years in a row.
We’re committed to providing a better lending experienceWe’ve been helping our neighbors in Wisconsin obtain homes for more than 150 years. One of our core commitments is to growing the communities we serve, and for the past eight years, Associated Bank has originated more home loans than any other lender in Wisconsin. It’s a distinction that makes us proud – and fuels us to find ways to serve Wisconsin even better.
Wisconsin’s first choice for mortgages should be yours tooWhat does it mean to be Wisconsin’s leading mortgage-lending institution for the last eight years? It means that time after time, Wisconsin residents who embark on the home-buying process have put their trust in Associated Bank. And, it means we have a proven track record of helping people going through what is often one of their most meaningful purchases. And it means we’d like to help you next!
- You can select from a variety of home loan options. Whether you live in Madison, Milwaukee or Green Bay, find the mortgage that’s right for you. Fixed-rate, adjustable-rate, 15-year or 30-year mortgage – we have a mortgage that’s in line with your needs.
- Plus, we have handy tools like our mortgage payment calculator to help you navigate the home-buying process.
- You can expect personal service from our local mortgage lenders. Visit an Associated Bank lending expert near you or apply online today!
Back to basics: What is a mortgage anyway? And what will my monthly payments be?
- Glad you asked! A mortgage is a large loan – quite possibly the largest one you’ll ever seek – that can aid in the purchase of a home. It is secured through a lender like Associated Bank, by using the home as collateral for the loan.
- Through monthly payments, you’ll pay off your mortgage. The term of the mortgage (15 or 30 years), the amount of the mortgage loan itself and the interest on the loan all factor into what your monthly payments will be.
- To help determine how much of a mortgage payment you can afford, think about what other monthly costs you have. Here’s some helpful information to assist you in thinking through what your payments should look like.
- Your first steps in the process are to start your home search – some people do this on their own, while others solicit the help of a real estate agent – and to contact us about being your mortgage lender!
- 15-year mortgages: These mortgages can be paid off more quickly, but the monthly payment is heftier. However, in the long run, you’ll spend less with a 15-year mortgage – fewer years of paying interest, and typically a lower interest rate.
- 30-year mortgage: These are often the easier option for many homebuyers, because the monthly payment is lower. However, you’ll usually pay several thousand more over the life of the loan.
- Fixed-rate: With a fixed-rate loan, the interest rate is locked in, or fixed, for the duration of the mortgage.
- Adjustable-rate: The interest of an adjustable-rate loan will vary with time, but often starts out lower than a fixed-rate loan. This is an option worth considering if you expect your income to go up over time or you only plan to own the home for a short time.
Mortgage Resource Center
Whatever level of home buying experience you may have, when you work with Wisconsin's #1 Mortgage Lender, you’ll find we have the information, tools, tips and lending expertise you need to start the process today.