Online & Mobile Banking Security Guarantee
Use Online Banking, Online Bill Pay and Associated Mobile Banking® with confidence. There are great protections under federal law to help protect you against liability for unauthorized electronic transactions.1
As part of our on-time payment guarantee, we will reimburse you for late payment fees, as long as you properly scheduled the payment in Online Bill Pay.2
What we do:
- System protection – we use advanced firewalls and other security technologies to ensure the continued safety and security of our systems.
- Strong encryption – all data sent or received is scrambled while traveling between our systems and your computer or mobile device.
- Secure authentication – you will use your username and password to sign in to view your accounts. From time to time, you may also be required to answer additional security questions.
- Time out period – your online and mobile sessions will time out after a period of inactivity to help protect you against unauthorized access.
- Account lockout – online and mobile access to your account will be suspended if you or someone else attempts to sign in too many times using an incorrect password.
For more information about the steps we take to safeguard your account, please see What We Do For You.
What you should do:
- Review your account statements regularly and contact us as soon as possible if you notice any unauthorized or late transactions.
- Keep your username, password and other personal information confidential. Notify us as soon as possible if your password was stolen or used by an unauthorized person.
- Keep your computer up-to-date by installing the latest security patches and using a supported web browser for Online Banking.
- Install and use security software (such as anti-virus), enable security features and promptly remediate any serious security problems.
- Do not leave your computer or mobile device unattended while you are signed in to Online Banking or Associated Mobile Banking.
For other tips to help prevent financial fraud and stay secure online, visit Associated's Security Center.
If you notice any fraudulent activity in your account, please contact us immediately. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- See the Online Banking Terms and Conditions , the Terms and Conditions of the Bill Pay Service or the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions for information regarding your liability and protections under federal law.
- See the Terms and Conditions of the Bill Pay Service for information regarding scheduling payments, on-time payment guarantee conditions and limitations.
If you have any questions about our enhanced security measures, please call us at 800-682-4989.