Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if Associated Bank will be sending me year-end tax documents?
If you earned more than $10 of interest in 2014, year-end tax statements will be mailed no later than January 31, 2015. They will also be available through Online Banking and Telephone Banking systems at that time. For faster delivery of your tax documents, as well as your monthly or quarterly statements, you can sign up for Online Banking and enroll in eStatements. If you haven’t received your statement by February 7, 2015, and believe that you earned more than $10 of interest, please contact Customer Care 24/7/365 at 800-236-8866.
How do I get a copy of my tax documents from Associated Bank?
Year-end tax statements will be mailed no later than January 31, 2015. They will also be available through Online Banking and Telephone Banking systems at that time.
Once you’ve been notified that your tax documents are available in Online Banking, you may access them by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to Online Banking
- Click eStatements & Notices under the “Accounts” tab
- Choose the account you’d like to access
- Select 2014 Year-End Tax Forms
- Click the View Statement button
When are my taxes due?
Generally, the deadline and due date for Federal Income Tax Returns is April 15. The due date for state tax returns in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois is also April 15. As always please consult your tax advisor for guidance.
How can I receive my tax refund quickly?
The quickest way to receive your refund is to have the IRS deposit the money directly into your account. The IRS will need your account number as well as your account's 9-digit routing number to make the deposit. Associated Bank’s 9-digit routing number is 075900575. You can find this information on the bottom of your paper check.
Step 1: Gather the right documents
- W2 for all income sources – If you worked for a company in 2014, your employer should provide this automatically
- 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B and/or 1099-R for invested money – You should receive these by late February for any interest, dividends and retirement plan distributions from your bank, brokers or other fund companies
- 1098 for your mortgage interest – if you own a home your lender will send this to you
- SSA-1099 for social security benefits – If you collected social security during the year, you should receive this form
- 1099-G for government payments – If you took unemployment benefits or an income tax refund, you’ll receive this from the government
Step 2: Gather important information
- Social Security numbers – For you, your spouse, your children and any other dependents
- Electronic Filing PIN – If you filed electronically last year, you will have one of these
- Prior year adjusted gross income (AGI) – Can be found on previous year’s 1040 forms
- Records of other income and deductions – Miscellaneous income and deductions that are not reflected in the forms above
- Your bank information – Your bank routing number and account number to direct deposit your refund
Step 3: Decide how to file
Associated Bank customers save $5 on Deluxe (Turbo Tax Online Federal and Desktop Download), $10 on Premier (Turbo Tax Online Federal and Desktop Download), and $15 on Home & Business (Turbo Tax Online Federal and Desktop Download) or Business (Desktop Download only). State filing charges apply. Limited time offer for Turbo Tax 2014. Terms, conditions, features, availability, pricing, fees, service and support options subject to change without notice. 2014 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved, Intuit, TurboTax and TurboTax Online, among others, are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other parties trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective owners.