A Simplified Employee Pension plan (SEP) lets you build retirement savings for your employees and yourself, while gaining tax advantages for your business.
- Only the employer makes contributions, up to the lesser of 25% of an employee’s compensation or $49,000
- Contributions are tax-deductible for the business. Your business may also qualify for a tax credit to cover some of the plan’s low start-up costs.
- Contributions go into a traditional IRA for each employee and the employer
- Account earnings grow tax-deferred
- You decide whether and how much to contribute each year. The contribution rate must be uniform for all employees.
- Self-employed? You can contribute to a SEP IRA on your own behalf.
Self-directed SEP IRAs offer plan participants a variety of investment choices, including stocks, bonds and mutual funds. The employer makes the contribution, and the employee chooses how the funds will be invested.
For more information, call or visit the Associated Bank branch location nearest you.
SECURITIES AND ADVISORY SERVICES ARE OFFERED BY ASSOCIATED INVESTMENT SERVICES, INC. (AIS), member FINRA and SIPC, d/b/a Associated Investment Services Group in Minnesota. • AIS is an affiliate of Associated Banc-Corp (AB-C). • Associated is a marketing name AB-C uses for products and services offered by AIS. • AB-C and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. Please consult with your tax, legal or accounting advisors regarding your individual situation.
Investment and Securities Products:
- NOT FDIC-INSURED
- NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK
- MAY LOSE VALUE
Withdrawals prior to age 59 ½ are generally subject to a 10% IRS penalty tax.