Nonqualified Retirement Plans
Add to retirement oriented savings above and beyond the contribution limits of Individual Retirement Accounts, 401(k) plans and other qualified retirement plans. Depending on plan design, the participant’s tax treatment of contributions may be tax deferred identical to qualified plans. The employer’s tax deduction will be deferred until the benefits are actually paid. Under other non-qualified plan designs, contributions may be currently taxed to the participant, but enjoy tax free accumulation and tax free distributions, much like a Roth IRA. The difference is that there are no limitations on contributions based on the participant’s gross income and no limitation on the amount of contributions.
- Tax-deferred or tax free accumulations depending on plan design
- No limit on contributions
- No minimum distribution requirement
- Fill in the gap between your 401(k) maximum and your desired retirement income
You fund your nonqualified retirement plan by deferring compensation or through after tax contributions. Associated Bank and Associated Financial Group can help you and your employer structure any of the nonqualified plan types:
- Salary deferral
- Bonus deferral
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (SERP), funded by your employer
- Excess Benefit Plans, including phantom stock plans
- Or, the Roth IRA style of plan
Nonqualified retirement plans must meet complex regulatory requirements to ensure you don’t end up owing penalties or taxes to the IRS. Let Associated Financial Group help you and your employer structure a plan that’s in full compliance.
Call 800-258-3190 today or send us an email for more information.
Investment and Securities Products:
- NOT FDIC-INSURED
- NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK
- MAY LOSE VALUE