HSA Plus Debit Card
Easy Access to Your Money
The HSA Plus debit card can be used to pay for eligible products and services not covered by your health insurance. When you use the card, payments are automatically withdrawn from your account, so there are no out-of-pocket costs and you won’t have to submit receipts to verify the purchase. Just swipe the card and go. It’s that easy!
You can use your HSA Plus debit card to pay for:
- Routine healthcare: office visits, X-rays, lab work
- Hospital expenses: room and board, surgery
- Medications: prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs when prescribed by a physician
- Dental care: cleanings, fillings, crowns
- Vision care: eye exams, glasses, contacts
- Copays and coinsurance (the portions of healthcare bills paid by you)
- Eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items* such as:
- First aid dressings and supplies – bandages, rubbing alcohol
- Contact lens solutions/supplies
- Diagnostic products like thermometers, blood pressure monitors, cholesterol testing
- Insulin and diabetic testing supplies
*The list of eligible OTC items changed per the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. Contact your Plan Administrator for more information or visit www.irs.gov for details.
You can also use your card at select pharmacies, wholesale clubs, discount stores and supermarkets that participate in the Inventory Information Approval System, which allows only eligible expenses to be paid from your HSA.
More information on these merchants can be found by referencing the store locator at www.sig-is.org