Safeguard Against Check Fraud
With today's sophisticated computer, scanning and printing equipment, it's all too easy to create counterfeit checks. Help reduce the risk of loss from check fraud with Associated Bank's Positive Pay available through Associated Connect®.
Positive Pay is a web-enabled check verification service that lets you review suspect items before we pay them and return checks that appear to be fraudulent.
- Detect check fraud and monitor internal controls
- Reduce disbursement risk with timely returns
- Control whether suspect checks should be paid or returned
- Review an outstanding check list at each month's end
- Cut administration time and processing costs
How Positive Pay Supports Check Fraud Prevention
- Each day you upload a list of checks to be issued to Associated Bank
- As items are presented to your account, we match them against your issuance file
- Checks on your list are paid; checks not on your list, or for which there is a discrepancy in check number or dollar amount, are marked as exceptions
- Check discrepancy against payee name is also available
- You review suspect items online and make a "pay" or "no pay" decision
To learn more, contact Treasury Management Customer Care 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 800-270-2707.