Specialty Checking Accounts: IOLTA & IBRETA
Interest on Lawyer Trust Account (IOLTA) & Interest-Bearing Real Estate Trust Account (IBRETA)
Lawyers, real estate brokers and other professionals can find specialty business checking accounts at Associated Bank, including the Interest on Lawyers Trust Account (IOLTA) and Interest Bearing Real Estate Trust Account (IBRETA). Associated Bank is a certified IOLTA provider for attorneys in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. An IOLTA moves potential interest income from an attorney’s trust account to the state, to help fund community-based programs. We offer a similar service for real estate brokers—the Interest-Bearing Real Estate Trust Account.
Competitive IOLTA and IBRETA rates
Associated Bank IOLTAs and IBRETAs offer premium interest rates – thereby increasing funding for important community programs. We set rates monthly in tiers, based on account balances.
How does an IOLTA or IBRETA work?
Your account is assessed a monthly maintenance fee and transaction fees as permitted by Wisconsin, Illinois or Minnesota. These fees are offset by interest earned, with the remaining interest paid to the state. If interest on your IOLTA or IBRETA is not sufficient to offset activity charges, we waive the remaining fee and do not charge the account.
Streamline banking, enhance service
Simplify banking by maintaining your firm’s operating account and your IOLTA or IBRETA at Associated Bank—one bank, one relationship manager. You gain:
- Premium rates, supporting vital community programs
- The convenience of a single banking relationship
- The confidence of working with a trusted advisor who knows your firm
For more information on checking products for your operating accounts, IOLTAs, IBRETAs, and other financial products and services that can benefit your firm, call Business Customer Care at 800‑728‑3501 today.
- Low minimum opening deposit of $100
- No minimum account balance
- Interest earned offsets fees, with excess interest paid to the state to support community service programs
- Unlimited monthly transaction items
- Preferred CD, money market and loan rates*4,5
- Convenient access to your money with Associated Connect® and no annual fee Debit MasterCard®
- Overdraft protection transfer service*3 and Online Bill Pay
- Cash Management Solutions and Merchant Services to save you time and money
- Dedicated relationship managers who understand your business—backed by our 24/7 Customer Care Center
- Over 200 locations in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Associated Bank also offers free*2 ATM access at more than 20,000 surcharge-free network ATMs so wherever you are you can get convenient access to your money.
To learn more, visit an Associated Bank location near you or call 800‑728‑3501 today.